Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tortellini Alfredo

This weekend, I bought a fully cooked, half ham at Kroger for a $1.39/lb. I actually took the time to cube the ham when I got home. I used my new handy, dandy vacuum sealer (Thanks dad!) to seal and freeze the meat. I never used to buy ham because it always seemed so expensive. Now that I have it on hand when needed, I can make recipes like this one whenever I please.
Tortellini Alfredo
2-9oz packages of refrigerated cheese tortellini (I like Buitoni brand)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 can peas, drained or 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
1 3/4 cups whipping cream
1/4 tsp ground pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Add the peas and ham; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese until melted.
Drain tortellini and place in a serving dish; add the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.

I thought I'd add in a couple of pictures of my cooking audience. My husband is rarely home when I cook, but these two are always watching (and waiting for me to drop something!).








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good work on this blog nicci, everything looks awesome and you are a badass cook yo!

look forward to seein yall this weekend.

Anonymous said...

You have quite an audience out there! That tortellini looks good! I would like to invite you to visit Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit - and share your favorite recipe and/or link your blog to foodista-related pages using our small embeddable widgets. Check it out here.. This is a great way for you to build blog traffic and connect with other food lovers! Also feel free to share your recipes and tips with us!Thanks!