Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mexican Casserole

Seems like I'm just not finding the time to blog much lately. I'm rushed for time right now to finish this so I can watch a movie with my husband. Hopefully, I'll get my Halloween stuff posted soon (just waiting on some pictures). I know I post a lot of mexican food, but I just can't help it. It's so good!!! So, here's another one.
Mexican Casserole
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 envelope of taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
1 - 16oz can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
6 - 6inch- flour tortillas
2 cups frozen corn, thawed (or canned corn, drained)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook beef over med heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasonings and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine the beans and salsa. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until spreadable. Place 3 tortillas in a greased round 2 1/2 qt baking dish. Layer with half of the beef, bean mixture, corn and cheese; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and sour cream if desired.
Notes: Enough Said!

No comments: