Thursday, October 2, 2008

Left over Spaghetti Sauce?? Make Stromboli

My husband ate the leftover spaghetti until we ran out of noodles, but we still had leftover spaghetti sauce. I don't like to waste food, so I decided to come up with a dish to use the rest of it. I made Spaghetti/Pizza Stromboli.

Spaghetti/Pizza Stromboli
1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated French Loaf Bread
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese blend
1 cup leftover spaghetti sauce (with the meat already added)
25 slices pepperoni
Unroll french loaf on a greased baking sheet. Spread the spaghetti sauce evenly over the dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Place a layer of pepperoni over the sauce. Cover evenly with the shredded cheese. Roll up the loaf, jelly roll style, and lay seam side down on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until crust is just browned and cooked through.

Notes: I used mozzarella and mexican cheese because that's what I had on hand. Feel free to use what you like. Yummy!!!

No comments: